Background

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Update on Us

On Wednesday night my High-Risk OB Dr. (yes, I have two OBs) called Chris’s cell phone after trying to get a hold of me for a couple of hours and said that there was a problem with the labs that I had done earlier that day. Apparently my platelet count was extremely low and this can be a sign of severe pre-eclampsia. He said that I needed to go immediately to the hospital and get my lab work redone and if it was still low they would start looking at why, and if it was pre-eclampsia they would have to deliver our son either that night or the next day. Needless to say I started bawling and cried all the way to the hospital and prayed that they would not have to delver my son 2 months early. So after several hours of waiting on lab work, and trying to hold it together, it came back normal!!!! I was so relived I could hardly stand it. They chose to keep me in the hospital over night and repeat the test in the morning. When those labs came back my platelet count had dropped again but was still low normal so they let me and baby boy go home! They will still be doing tests every week until I deliver and watching things but, Praise God, the baby can bake longer!!

Thanks so much to all of the people who were praying for us, you will never know how much that means to me. God truly answers prayer!

1 comment:

Wendy & Mike said...

Wow Abby! How scary! I am so sorry you had to go through that! You and baby are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.